This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
*Please note that all boilers are pressure tested at the factory, and we have never had a failed boiler - if there is a leak, check your fittings first - to date this has always been the cause!!*
Limited Return to Base 2 Year Warranty:
The stove body will be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, the glass window panels and seals shall be guaranteed as described below.
The Manufacturer will repair or replace, at its option, any part found to be defective upon inspection by GreyMetal Ltd, or an Authorised Dealer.
The customer must return either the defective part, or the stove, with postage prepaid, to GreyMetal Ltd. If, upon inspection, the damage is found to be the fault of the manufacturer, the stove will be replaced, or repairs authorised at no charge to the customer for parts and/or labour.
Any stove or part thereof that is repaired or replaced during the warranty period will be warranted for the remaining term of the original warranty.
Exclusions & Limitations.
1. FireBricks, Glass windows and door seals are not covered by guarantee.
2. This warranty is not transferable.
3. Proof of original retail purchase is required.
4. This warranty does not cover misuse of the stove. Misuse includes overfiring which will result if the stove is used in such a manner as to cause one or more of the plates to glow red. Overfiring can be easily identified later by burned through panels, warped plates and areas where the paint has burnt off.
5. This warranty does not cover misuse of the stove as described in the Owner’s Guide, nor does it cover any stove that has been modified. This warranty does not cover damage to the stove caused by burning salt saturated wood, chemically treated wood, painted wood or plastics, or any fuel not recommended in the ‘Operation’, ‘Installation’ or ‘Fuels’ documents.
6. This warranty does not cover a stove repaired by anyone other than GreyMetal Ltd. Repair of stoves by third parties without prior agreement of Greymetal Ltd voids the warranty.
7. Damage to the unit while in transit is not covered by this warranty. GreyMetal Ltd offers no warranty on damage to paint surfaces. Inspect your woodburning stove prior to accepting it for any damage to the paint. (See ‘Delivery’ under terms and conditions.)
8. Claims are not valid where the installation does not conform to local building and fire codes or, in their absence, to the recommendations in our Owner’s Guide.
9. The salt air environment of coastal areas, or a high-humidity environment, can be corrosive to the high temperature paint finish. These conditions could cause rusting of the steel beneath the paint finish, which can cause the paint to flake off. This warranty does not cover damage caused by a salt air or high-humidity environment.
10. GreyMetal Ltd shall have no obligation to enhance or update any unit once manufactured.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GREYMETAL LTD BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE AFTER THE DELIVERY HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AND SIGNED FOR AS BEING DELIVERED IN GOOD CONDITION - CHECK THE GOODS ON ARRIVAL AND IF DAMAGED DO NOT SIGN FOR.
How to Obtain Service If a defect is noted within the warranty period, the customer should contact GreyMetal Ltd with the following information:
1. Name, address, and telephone number of the purchaser.
2. Date of purchase.
3. Serial number of invoice.
4. Nature of the defect or damage.
5. Any relevant information or circumstances, e.g., installation, mode of operation when defect was noted. A warranty claim will then start in process. GreyMetal Ltd reserves the right to withhold final approval of a warranty claim pending a visual inspection of the defect by its representatives.